MISSION: Serve as a forum for education and discussion in order to formulate a regional response to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the region’s residents in connection with the extraction of hydrocarbons in the Commission’s planning area.
- Explore all legal and political options available to local communities to respond to the potential increase in oil and gas exploration, production, and the development of a pipeline distribution network.
- Seek to hold all existing and future oil and gas wells and production facilities accountable to the State of Ohio’s regulations and standards.
- Serve as a forum for local residents and public officials to share information and engage in regional discussion.
- Provide information and technical education to benefit area communities.
- Advocate interests of the region with state and federal decision-makers, and with private interests.